2017 Washington Auto Show
The Washington Auto Show is a huge event displaying more than 700 new makes and models of cars, trucks, mini-vans and sport utility vehicles from over 42 domestic and import automakers. The Washington Area New Automobile Dealers Association (WANADA) sponsors the auto show each year to entice, educate and entertain hundreds of thousands of consumers. The latest innovations in safety and sustainability will take center stage at the 2017 Washington Auto Show.
The Intelligent Transportation SuperHighway will feature an exhibit on self-driving cars. Camp Jeep returns to offer rides along an indoor obstacle course with steep climbs and thrills. This is a great way to learn about more developments in hydrogen, clean diesel, electric, biofuel and natural gas technologies as well as in safety. Visitors will also find free car giveaways, special guests, promotional contests, children s activities and live entertainment.
Dates and Times
January 27-February 5, 2017
Friday, noon – 10:00 p.m.
Saturday, 10:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Sunday, 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. (closing at 6 p.m. on Feb. 1)
Show Location and Transportation
Parking is limited in the area. The best way to get to the Convention Center is by Metro. The closest Metro station is Mt.
Adults (13 over) – $12
children under 6 are free.
E-tickets are available for $12 online at www.washingtonautoshow.com
Military Tribute Day
Tuesday, January 31, 2017. FREE tickets will be available to all active-duty military and veterans who present a valid military ID, retired ID, VA ID or DD214 and photo ID.
The day will culminate with a performance by the 257th Army Band, the band of the nation s capital. The American Red Cross will have a display featuring volunteers and one of its disaster response vehicles.
Vehicle Manufacturers on Display
Acura, Audi, BMW, Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge, Fisker, Ford, GMC, Honda, Hummer, Hyundai, Infinit, Lexus, Lincoln, Mazda, Mercury, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Pontiac, SAAB, Saturn, Subaru, Toyota and Volkswagen.
2017 Celebrity Appearances
- Trea Turner: Washington Nationals. Turner is the first rookie in 112 years to have a game with four hits, four runs scored, a home run, and two stolen bases. He also become the only rookie in MLB history (since 1900) to record at least 13 home runs, 33 stolen bases and an average of .340 or better in more than 73 games.
- Randy Orton: WWE Champion. From the moment he was hatched, The Viper walked among the ring s most revered figures. His father is WWE® Hall of Famer Cowboy Bob Orton, his uncle Barry Barry O Orton and his grandfather, the late The Big O, Bob Orton Sr., all of whom are among the most fierce and rugged grapplers of their generations. You don t get a name like The Apex Predator for being friendly, and Orton certainly does not play well with others.
- Jordan Reed: NFL Top 100 Players in 2015. He is one of the league s top emerging tight ends, setting Redskins records in receptions (87) and receiving yards (952) by a tight end in 2015. He led all Redskins players in receptions, receiving yards and receiving touchdowns in 2015, becoming the first Redskins tight end to lead the team in all three categories since Jean Fugett in 1977.
- Daniel Tiger and Katerina Kittycat from PBS Kids Daniel Tiger s Neighborhood
- Princess Pesto and other characters from PBS Kids SuperWhy!
- Maya and Miguel from PBS Kids Maya Miguel
- Characters from PBS Kids Nature Cat , Ready Jet Go! and Peg Cat
ART-of-Motion Art Car Exhibition
A highly notable group of artists will showcase their live talents in ART-of-Motion. The art car display will feature over 8,000-square-feet of experiential graphic backdrops consisting of motorcycles, autos, fashion and murals.
In addition to the painting of vehicles on site, fashion models posing as picturesque figurines will align inventive fusion and entertainment. The ART-of-Motion feature will be located on the upper level of the Convention Center. Designers will be painting vehicles and murals in real time.
The Advanced Technology SuperHighway
The Washington Auto Show presents 65,000 square feet of innovations in automotive safety and green technology with its “Advanced Technology SuperHighway” (ATS). This pavilion tells the story of the range of solutions revolutionizing the automotive industry, showcasing developments in electric, hybrid, hydrogen, clean diesel, natural gas, ethanol, biofuel and advanced petroleum technologies – and the very latest thinking in automotive safety. Displaying more green cars than any other domestic, tier-one auto show, the Washington Auto Show’s Advanced Technology SuperHighway presents the show’s most ambitious effort to support and promote progressive innovations for the automotive industry.
Nearby Dining and Attractions
The Washington Convention Center is located within walking distance to the Penn Quarter neighborhood which is home to many museums, restaurants, hotels, nightclubs, art galleries, theaters and trendy stores. This part of Washington DC has many fine restaurants offering a wide range of cuisine from contemporary American to Asian Fusion, to Italian or Latin American fare. See a guide to Penn Quarter Restaurants.