Main Support Page
CameraFTP offers a revolutionary security and monitoring service for home and business starting at only $1.50/month. It is extremely easy to setup, requires neither expensive hardware nor complicated setup. With cloud-based recording, playback and management technologies, our service is more secure and scalable than any traditional security services.
Why Cloud Surveillance & Recording Service?
If you’ve got a new security camera(s) that you want to monitor your home, business or loved ones, you need Cloud Recording and Remote Playback. If you don’t have a camera yet, you can buy one online. Please visit our Supported Camera List first. You can also use a webcam, smartphone or tablet as a security camera by installing our software.
So why do you need Cloud Recording and CameraFTP service? Because:
- Security cameras are NOT secure themselves
- They can be easily stolen or destroyed. For example, a burglar may break into your store and steal valuable goods. If he steals the cameras or sets a fire, your cameras and all the recorded footage will be destroyed.
- Using CameraFTP service, your cameras automatically record footage to our FTP server in a secure and remote data center. Burglars can never delete the recorded data in the cloud!
- Play back recorded footage remotely
- If anything happened to your house, business or loved ones, you can easily “rewind” and play back the recorded footage from your PC, Mac or Smartphone. It is more than just monitoring, it is about securely preserving your footage no matter what happens.
- Real-time monitoring (live viewing) from anywhere
- CameraFTP offers a web-based camera viewer and mobile viewer apps for iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Store and Windows Phone. Scenes can be monitored in real-time from anywhere.
- Easy and low cost
- In addition to offering greater storage and monitoring features, CameraFTP is far less complicated to setup and use than most surveillance services. You don’t need to order DDNS (Dynamic DNS) service, you don’t need to configure your router/firewall, you don’t need to worry about dynamic IP address, just configure the FTP settings for your IP cameras, and your cameras will automatically upload data to CameraFTP cloud storage.
- Using local storage or FTP server will cost you more on hardware, and require you to handle the configuration for your devices. Moreover, these local solutions cannot match our security and service features.
- CameraFTP is designed for the mass market. Our price is dramatically lower compared with services offered by traditional security companies, and is far easier to setup. Most users do not require any support when configuring your device, though you can always reach out to us with questions!
If you haven’t already done so, go to www.CameraFTP.com and click on “Sign Up” or “Free Trial”. DriveHQ users can use their existing credentials to access CameraFTP directly, a linked CameraFTP account will be automatically created. CameraFTP offers a three-day free trial. After 3 days, you must order a paid plan to continue using our service. Our plasn start at only $1.50/month/camera, and will increase as you customize your parameters.
You also need an IP camera to use our service. If you don’t already have one, there are 3 options: (1) Order an IP camera online and configure it yourself. Please visit the Supported Camera List first. (2) Order a Pre-configured Bundled Plan. (3) Use a webcam, smartphone or tablet as a security camera by installing our Mobile Security Camera apps.
Configuring Your Security Camera
If you order a pre-configured bundled plan, you can save the hassle and skip this section.
The configuration interfaces are different for different camera brands/models, but the basic information is very similar. We recommend reading the manufacturer’s instructions included with your camera, and following our instructions below as a general setup guide.
In your camera’s setup page, find the section for FTP setup. The camera will need FTP information as follows:
Enter ftp.cameraftp.com. Some cameras may only accept an IP address. If so, enter 184.108.40.206. The port number is 21.
Username is your cameraftp username; each camera has a camera password corresponding to your camera license. You can find it in “Configure IP Cameras” page
In most cases, you should use Passive Mode. Active FTP Mode is often blocked by your firewall / router.
Should be the name of the folder you want the images uploaded into.
It is also the same as the Camera Name. Usually you name a camera based on the monitored scene, e.g. FrontDoor, Backyard, LivingRoom or Driveway, etc. You can add a new camera (name) after you log on to www.cameraftp.com .
If you have added a new camera with the name “FrontDoor” on www.cameraftp.com, then from your camera’s configuration page, you can enter “/FrontDoor” as the Path (or Directory).
If the folder doesn’t already exist in your CameraFTP account at the time of this configuration, it will be automatically created by the camera before the first image is uploaded.
For image recording, you must ensure that the camera connects to the FTP server no more than 5 times per second .
Going over this limit may be considered as abuse of the service; if you require higher connection frequency, please contact CameraFTP’s sales team first.
For video recording, you don’t need to worry about it.
Most cameras support motion detection. It is recommended enabling motion recording.
This can help lower the service cost and the bandwidth usage so that your camera is less likely to affect your Internet connection speed.
Please set your image/video resolution based on your CameraFTP subscription.
Example of a security camera’s FTP configuration page
When your camera is setup correctly, images or video clips will be uploaded to ftp.CameraFTP.com. For better efficiency, images are packaged into zip files; video clip files are not be zipped. You can download the recorded files using FTP, or use CameraFTP’s viewer apps to view the recorded footage.
Browser-based Camera Viewer and Mobile Viewer Apps
To play back the recorded footage, click on the Play button. The player will be launched. You can also download CameraFTP mobile apps for iOS and Android.
The player will start playing back the recorded footage, beginning with the latest footage. The timeline is on a 24-hour scale and you can drag the selector to play at the desired time. You can set the playing speed (or Fast Play Mode), or launch multiple-window player.
Camera Hardware and Cloud Recording Service Comparisons
CameraFTP is not a camera manufacturer. Compared with a typical manufacturer, our service has a lot of advantages:
- We focus on cloud services with the best cloud technologies. CameraFTP is a subsidiary of DriveHQ. the first Cloud IT solution provider. Our FTP and cloud technologies have been around for over a decade!
- Our service works with almost all IP cameras. You are not limited with a single camera manufacturer. In fact, you can use best of class cameras from multiple manufacturers.
- We have a very flexible pricing model that can accomodate low-end home users and high-end enterprise users.
- We have the most sophisticated user management and access control system for large enterprise customers or security service resellers.
- CameraFTP Virtual Security System software can enhance many IP cameras’ capabilities. Even if a camera cannot upload video/audio clips, VSS can connect to the camera’s video stream and upload video clips to the Cloud.