Cheap Car Insurance Albany
Albany is the capital of New York and has a population of close to 100,000. With a Census-estimated population of 1,170,483 in 2013, the Capital District is the third-most populous metropolitan region in the state and 38th in the United States. Because of Albany s position as the capital, it sees a lot of incoming commuters each day to jobs in state and local government. This causes a lot of traffic, but it also means a lot of residents might be eligible for a government employee discount on their auto insurance (depending on their company). It is also a center for higher education in the state, so many residents will qualify for the Higher Education Discount that some auto insurance companies offer. If you re looking to save some money or want to see what other discounts you might be eligible for be sure to look at all the options for cheap car insurance Albany can offer.
Cheap Car Insurance Albany Requirements
New York State law requires drivers to carry auto liability insurance coverage at all times. It must remain in effect in order to keep your vehicle registration valid, and must be issued by a company licensed by the New York State Dept. of Financial Services. Out of state insurance is not acceptable, and the insurance must be in the name of the vehicle owner.
- $10,000 for property damage, per single accident
- $25,000 for bodily injury/$50,000 for death of one person, per single accident
- $50,000 for bodily injury/$100,000 for death of two or more persons, per single accident
- For more information, here is a link to the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles’ insurance page.
- The average commuter in the New York-Newark area spends 60 hours a year stuck in traffic. Because there are so few drivers, the amount of options for cheap car insurance Albany has available often surprises residents.