University of Wisconsin Stout | Wisconsin’s Polytechnic University
The Surplus Department processes all surplus property per State of Wisconsin and UW-Stout campus policies providing UW-Stout and our customers with quality service.
- Maximize surplus operational benefits to UW-Stout campus departments
- Provide opportunities for reuse of surplus items by UW-Stout campus departments
- Provide opportunities for the general public to purchase surplus property at public sales
- Provide a centralized recycling location for all types of batteries and printer cartridges
- Be a responsible environmental steward for the campus by finding reuse and recycling markets for surplus property
- Attempt to create a “zero” waste surplus operation
The UW-Stout Surplus Store is open for public viewing and sales every Thursday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Online sale of items is not available. Please contact Oran Bertram to have your name added to a weekly email communication which identifies items for sale during the Open Store Public Sales. Removal of property by new owner is to occur during the weekly open store day or by appointment with Oran Bertram.
To surplus an item, a Surplus Declaration Form must be completed and sent to University Services, Room 142. Upon receipt, scheduling arrangements will be made to have the property picked up. Any department disassembling items for surplus must provide a picture of the item fully assembled.
To reclaim surplus property, a Surplus Property Request Form must be completed. Delivery arrangements will be made when the form is received. Campus departments may view and reclaim surplus property for departmental reuse (not for personal use,) on Wednesdays from 10 a.m – 2 p.m. There will be no department viewing outside of this schedule.