Errors and Omissions Insurance
Why do you need errors and omissions insurance?
If you have a professional services business, having errors and omissions insurance coverage can be an integral part of protecting your business. Accusations of negligence or the failure to perform your professional services are things that any professional services business can be sued for, even if it hasn’t made a mistake. Some examples of what could be covered are listed below:
- Dissatisfied Client: A contractor is hired to review a client’s website and network security in order to implement new procedures where they find weaknesses. A month after the project is completed the client’s website gets hacked and they lose revenue from the site being down. The client accuses the contractor of faulty work. A professional liability insurance policy could protect the contractor even if they haven’t made a mistake.
- Negligence: A consultant is contracted by a client to come in and organize a project that has run past its due date and is over budget. The contractor commits to bringing the project to completion. As the contractor digs into the project, they realize that the former project manager did not present the client with an accurate view of deliverables and they are now facing a scope of work that is twice as long as original projection. When presenting the finding to the client, the contractor is accused of not doing proper due diligence up front before signing the contract. A professional liability insurance policy could protect you against claims of negligence even if you haven’t made a mistake.
You should seriously consider errors and omissions coverage if your business::
- provides a professional service.
- regularly gives advice.
- is required by its clients to have E O insurance.
Get liability insurance that best meets your needs.
Errors and omissions insurance will not protect your business from everything. For example, it will not provide coverage for another person’s claims of bodily injury. Some people purchase additional business insurance products including:
- General Liability Insurance. also known as commercial general liability insurance (CGL) protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs and damage to property.
- Business Owner’s Policy (BOP) is enhanced insurance that combines general liability insurance and property insurance.
Additional coverage benefits:
- Monthly payment options. Spread out your payments (with no fees) to help manage your cash flow.
- Work completed by temporary staff is covered. Hiscox errors and omissions insurance covers work done by full-time employees and temporary staff, as well as independent contractors.
- Past work covered. Unlike some of our competitors’ policies, our errors and omissions insurance covers unknown claims arising from work completed before you were even insured with us, back to an agreed date.
- Worldwide coverage. North, south, east or west, Hiscox will protect you as long as the claim is filed in the U.S. one of its territories or Canada.
- Claims responsiveness. In the world of professional businesses time is of the essence, especially when you need to make an insurance claim. If a covered claim is filed, Hiscox will immediately defend you even if the claim has no basis and, if necessary, appoint an attorney.
Why Choose Hiscox?
We specialize in errors and omissions insurance (E O insurance), also known as professional liability insurance for professional services businesses. That’s why we have made it easier for small business owners to buy E O coverage direct and online.
- Tailored coverage. We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Passion for service. Knowledgeable agents provide exceptional service – 4.8/5 customer satisfaction rating.
- Coverage for contracts. Our errors omissions coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements .
- Fast and simple. Online quotes or speak to a licensed agent – immediate coverage. See some sample errors and omissions quotes
- Confidence. Hiscox Insurance Company Inc. is ‘A’ rated (Excellent) by A.M. Best.
Learn more about the benefits of choosing Hiscox insurance .
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your business, too. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday thru Friday from 8am-10pm ET .