CAR LEASING VERSUS FINANCING
- Financing includes a person taking a loan out with the car lot or their bank in order to pay their car over time.
- Customers own the vehicle at the end of the term.
- The cash value of the vehicle is for the customer to use as they like.
- Customers are free to drive as many miles as they want.
- There is no worry about wear and tear, but it could lower the vehicles trade-in or resale value.
- The vehicle is for the customer to modify as they would like.
- At the end of the loan term, no further payments are needed.
- Customers have built equity to help pay for their next vehicle.
- Offers customers the ability to drive the car of their choice through payments directly paid to the manufacturer.
- Customers need to pay a percentage down on the vehicle.
- Customers must return the vehicle at the end of the lease, unless they decide to buy it.
- Customers are only paying for the vehicles depreciation during the lease term, plus interest charges.
- The future value of the vehicle doesn’t affect customers financially.
- Customers must pay any overages in mileage on the vehicle.
- Leases last between 2 and 4 years.
- At the end of the lease, customers have the option of financing the purchase of the car, or leasing/buying another vehicle.
OPEN ENDED LEASE VERSUS CLOSE ENDED LEASE
Close Ended Leasing
- Close-ended leasing is based on a pre-determined number of miles a customer will drive in a year.
- At the end of the leasing term, the customer is responsible for any excessive damage or additional mileage overages.
- Any loss of value, through depreciation of the vehicle, is the responsibility of the leasing companies, not the individual.
- The lessee has the option to purchase the vehicle, at the end of the term.
- The lessee has no responsibility in supporting the vehicle’s resale value.
- The fixed term of the lease is usually between 24 to 36 months.
- Interest rates are fixed with no variation in payments.
Open Ended Leasing
- Open-ended leasing is typically used in commercial leasing.
- The lessee is responsible for paying any difference between the estimated lease-end value (residual), and the actual market value at the end of the lease agreement.
- The total lease costs are calculated at the end of the lease term, and the vehicle(s) under the lease are sold.
- If a loss is incurred at the end of a lease term, it is treated as an additional payment.
- The Federal Customer Leasing Act provides a measure of protection for open-ended leases by restricting the end-of-term liability to no more than the total three monthly payments.
- Open-ended leases include variable depreciation rates.
- Leases are customized in variable terms with no early termination fees or mileage restrictions.
Learn the essential traffic laws and regulations that apply to your state, along with essential defensive driving skills designed to help you prevent hazards before they even occur. By taking this online driving course, you may even lower your insurance premium!
IAS proudly promotes the welfare and safety of our customers and the people around them. Customers may submit their receipt for the driving course and it will be reimbursed.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
I have no credit; can I still lease or finance a car through IAS?
Our programs are created specifically for Expats relocating to a new country without a local credit history. Through our partnerships with various manufacturer financial institutions and the largest fleet leasing companies in the world, we are able to bring you a variety of cost-effective financing and leasing options. Financing and/or leasing a vehicle through IAS will actually help you build that much needed local credit history.
What brands do you offer?
Through our IAS Preferred and Advantage programs we offer all manufacturer models, imports and domestic, both new and used.
What are the terms of the finance and lease options?
Flexible finance and leasing terms can vary between 12-72 months depending on the program and manufacturer. Please check the terms and conditions for each program for additional information.
I will need insurance for my new car, can you help?
IAS partners exclusively with providers who insure Expats. Our partners are able to offer comprehensive insurance options at very competitive rates even without a driving or local credit history.
English is not my native language; can you assist me in a different language?
IAS is proud of its diverse and inclusive culture. We employ a multi-lingual staff that speak a variety of languages. Just ask!
What if I need a car for less than 12 months?
IAS’s worldwide car rental program is the perfect solution. Our full service program is a cost-effective rental solution for international and domestic assignees.
Why should I use IAS for my new car needs?
IAS has been serving the transportation needs of the Expat community for over 50 years! Through our unique programs, we provide incredible savings, excellent service and convenience for both long and short-term assignments. We are the trusted and award nominated industry experts assisting you every step of the way from vehicle shopping to financing and delivery. No program in the world offers as many services and as much experience for the globally mobile as IAS!
I have a few more questions, can you help?
Certainly, click here to submit your inquiry to the IAS answer desk or chat with someone live now!