Japan-IMF Scholarships Program for Advanced Studies (JISP) to Study Abroad, 2017-2019
Applications are invited for Japan-IMF Scholarships Program for Advanced Studies (JISP) from Japanese nationals obtaining PhD degrees in macroeconomics at a university outside of Japan. Selected scholars must attend a 2-day orientation program at the IMF in Washington D.C. shortly before they begin studies at their respective university.
JISP’s goal is supporting Japanese scholars during their doctoral studies in macroeconomics and helping them become applied macroeconomists at the IMF.
The Japan-IMF Scholarships Program for Advanced Studies (JISP) is financed by the government of Japan and administered by the IMF’s Institute for Capacity Development with assistance from the Institute of International Education (IIE) and International Education Blueprint (IEB) in Japan.
The candidate should have a very good command of the English language.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue PhD program at a university outside of Japan.
Study Subject(s): Scholarships are awarded in the field of macroeconomics.
Scholarship Award: The JISP covers all reasonable expenses for two years of graduate study including:
- Full university tuition and fees;
- Medical insurance;
- Annual book allowance and monthly living allowance;
- Selected travel expenses; and
- Paid summer internship.
- To cover the remaining years of study, JISP scholars are expected to secure another source of funding, usually through Research or Teaching Assistantship at their university.
Scholarship can be taken in the Abroad
Eligibility: To be eligible, an applicant must be:
- A Japanese citizen.
- Able to obtain a PPh.D.by age 34.
- Studying at, or applying to, a PhD program in macroeconomics at a university outside of Japan. Only universities with a strong doctoral program in macroeconomics are eligible.
- Entering the 1st, 2nd or 3rd year of the PhD program.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: PhD candidates studying at, or applying to a doctoral program in macroeconomics at a university outside of Japan can apply.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: The candidate should have a very good command of the English language.
How to Apply: The application is available online. It must be completed in English and include the following:
- A personal statement focusing on the applicant’s background, career goals, and interest in working as an IMF economist;
- A complete university transcript for the applicant’s prior studies and, if already a graduate student, a current university transcript;
- GRE and TOEFL or IELTS scores;
- A copy of one application to a PhD program; and
- Two reference letters.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is January 31, 2017 .
Change lives of international students by helping them achieving successful scholarships, financial aid and free education.
Scholarship-Positions.com was started in 2007 by Oxford University graduates for helping international students in finding suitable scholarships to study abroad.
We have helped thousands of students in securing scholarships and financial aid in the world’s top universities.
Our objective is to help international students in finding matching scholarships – just in time