Online Master of Professional Accountancy
The University of South Dakota Beacom School of Business, established in 1927, has been continuously accredited by AACSB International – The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) since 1949. Less than five percent of the nation’s top business schools have earned this prestigious designation. Therefore, you can be confident that our online accounting degree is of high quality and is well regarded by the business community.
Master of Professional Accountancy Program Description:
The online Master of Professional Accountancy (MPA) is designed to provide specialized training in accounting and related fields for those who wish to prepare for a career in public accounting and meet the 150-hour requirement to sit for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam. Specific course requirements to sit for the CPA exam do vary by state, so please be sure to check with the state licensing board in the state or states in which you intend to become licensed for specific requirements. This online accounting degree program provides training in graduate accounting, finance and related subjects for students seeking careers in industry, government service or accounting education. The primary objectives are: (1) to develop judgmental ability relating to the production and use of accounting information, and (2) to assist in the development of professional competence.
Application requirements can be found at Graduate School Admission Requirements and include:
- Completed Graduate Application
- $35 application fee
- One official transcript verifying receipt of an undergraduate degree and official transcripts of all academic work at the undergraduate and graduate levels are required for all students
- Three letters of recommendation are required. At least one reference must be professional in nature (i.e. a supervisor) and all references should be familiar with the applicant’s strengths, weaknesses and work ethic. The letters should be placed in separate, sealed envelopes and signed (References must use the Recommendation Form)
Letter of Recommendation Form
- Statement of Purpose
- Official copy of GMAT scores
Qualifications for GMAT Waiver
- Additional requirements exist for international applicants. For more information, visit International Admission Requirements
For more detailed admission requirements, please refer to Accountancy in the current graduate catalog.