#auto insurance reviews
The Hartford – Auto Insurance Review
By Janet Hunt. Insurance Company Reviews Expert
Janet Hunt has been working in the insurance industry for over 15 years. She began her career as a customer service representative for a well-known insurance carrier.
Continue Reading Below
The company’s president at the time, Eliphalet Terry, covered the company’s claims out of his own pocket. In 1913, The Hartford Accident and Indemnity Company started offering accident, personal-damage, business-interruption and auto liability insurance .
Auto Insurance Products
You can buy auto insurance from The Hartford from one of its independent insurance agents or through its partnership with AARP. (Members of the AARP can buy auto and homeowners insurance through their membership with the organization.) By visiting the website or talking with an agent, you can review the types of auto insurance products and decide which ones you need.
Here are the auto insurance products offered by The Hartford:
The number of benefits and discounts offered by The Hartford with its auto insurance policy is impressive. Some of the benefits offered that stand out include:
- RecoverCare Car Insurance Benefit – This optional coverage provides living assistance if you are injured in an auto accident .
Continue Reading Below
- Lifetime Car Repair Assurance – The Hartford guarantees any auto repairs done to your vehicle if completed in one of their authorized auto repair shops.
- No-Drop Promise – The company offers assurances of not dropping you as insured as long as you meet a few simple requirements. One of the requirements is not being convicted of a DUI offense. You can also not have your driver s license suspended and qualify for the no-drop promise.
- New Car Replacement – You have replacement value for a new car, the same make and model of your own, within the first 15,000 miles or 15 months.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Your first accident doesn t count against you if you meet certain qualifications.
- Disappearing Deductible – If you maintain a clean driving record, you may qualify to have your collision deductible reduced each year. You could end up having no deductible at all.
The Hartford also offers the following discounts to auto policyholders:
- Defensive Driving Credit
- Home Auto Insurance Bundle
- Driver s Training Credit
- Good Student Discount
- Car Safety Discount
Financial Ratings Awards