Voluntary Life Insurance
What is Life Insurance?
- 80% of consumers believe most people need life insurance 1 .
- 50% of US Households feel that they need more life insurance and that they would feel the financial impact of losing their primary wage earner in a year or less 2 .
- Life insurance policies can help heirs take care of burial and other funeral expenses, replace lost income, and pay off the mortgage 2 .
- Nearly 7 in 10 U.S. workers – across all generations – believe having a life insurance benefit available to them at work is important and the importance workers place on life benefits has increased by more than 20% over the past five years 2 .
- Living Benefit Option (Accelerated Death Benefit)
- Accidental Death Dismemberment (AD D) Rider
- Disability Waiver of Premium
- Employee coverage (face) amounts of $25K to $250K in increments of $25K, with no salary multiplier*
- Spouse coverage amount up to 100% of the employee amount
- Child coverage amount up to $15K – Standard is $10K
- Annual buy-up option without Evidence of Insurability (EOI)
- Guaranteed issue amounts based on group size
- Funeral Planning and Concierge Services 3 a suite of online tools to guide employees through key decisions before a loss, including help comparing funeral-related costs. After a loss, this service includes family advocacy and professional negotiation of funeral prices.
- Beneficiary Counseling Services 4 offer compassionate expertise to help employees or beneficiaries cope with emotional, financial and legal issues that arise after a loss.
- EstateGuidance 4 Will Services help protect a family’s future by creating a will online – backed by online support from licensed attorneys 5 .
- Travel Assistance ID Theft Protection and Assistance Services 6 include pre-trip information that helps employees feel safe and secure while traveling. Also available is access to medical professionals across the globe for medical assistance when traveling 100+ miles away from home for 90 days or less when unexpected detours arise. Another important service is ID theft protection, available 24/7 whether home or away. Protection is provided two ways: educational materials to help prevent identity theft, and access to caseworkers who can help resolve problems that result from identity theft.
Employee Benefits Life Insurance Claims Reviews
The Hartford publishes reviews so you can read about actual experiences our customers have shared. The reviews on this site are individual descriptions of costs, savings amounts, and customer experiences with our products and services that will vary based on their unique circumstances. Please note that each review is presented in its original form after having been reviewed by The Hartford and reviews are not representative of all customers.
The Hartford publishes reviews in order that site visitors may learn from actual experiences our customers have shared.
The Hartford applies several guidelines in the consideration of customer reviews for publication on our web site.
In general, reviews are published if they are relevant to the experience and not defamatory.
While the application of publishing guidelines is a subjective process, the following are frequent reasons which may prevent posting of a review:
- Derogatory, abusive, threatening or offensive language and statements will disqualify a review from being published.
- In order to protect our customers privacy, and that of our employees and business partners, reviews containing personally identifiable information will not be published.
- We do not publish reviews citing exact premium and settlement amounts.
- We do not publish reviews that include a description of illegal activity or reference pending or current litigation.
- We do not edit, correct, or modify ratings or reviews, regardless of content or tone.